A successful provider of workers’ compensation insurance is seeking an Underwriting Leader. This dynamic executive will set all strategy and provide guidance to the underwriting team. This position will collaborate with several business teams – including loss control, business development and audit – to lead financial growth, maintain underwriting standards, and comply with applicable laws and administrative rules.
- Manage the financial and operational goals and objectives of the book of business.
- Develop, implement and monitor a risk profile that supports the organization’s financial objectives.
- Provide leadership, development and guidance to the underwriting department.
- Strengthen key stakeholder relationships, develop innovative underwriting solutions and evolve the organization’s underwriting capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in business or a related discipline (preferred)
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU), Associate in General Insurance (AINS), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) or other applicable insurance-related designation (preferred)
- 10+ years of commercial lines underwriting experience including workers’ compensation; 5 years of underwriting leadership experience
- Substantial technical knowledge of underwriting best practices within workers’ compensation
- Advanced knowledge of NCCI rules, regulations and classifications
- Strong proficiency using analytical tools to evaluate data, as well as desktop applications (e.g., data analytics, reporting and management information tools, Microsoft Office suite)
Financial Products Underwriting Manager of Fidelity and CrimeUnderwritingP/CCalifornia
Head of Commercial LinesProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMichigan
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest
Underwriting Officer - PropertyUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Chief Underwriter and Underwriting Transformation OfficerUnderwritingL/DNortheast