Vice President of Underwriting and Underwriting Transformation Officer
One of the Northeast’s premier life insurance and retirement planning organizations is seeking a Vice President of Underwriting and Underwriting Transformation Officer to manage the life insurance underwriting function and its digital innovation strategy. This leader will focus on underwriting the strategic vision, as well as identifying and implementing innovative enhancements and efficiencies. This is a retained search.
- Ensure the achievement of continued profitability, growth and operational efficiencies of the business through the assessment of risk tolerance, market appetite and emerging risk/underwriting issues.
- Establish and refine financial and medical underwriting guidelines.
- Lead a team of MDs; provide medical consultations on new business and claims cases; and interpret EKGs, blood work and other test results.
- Conduct research and development to keep division at forefront of underwriting.
- Deliver educational programs to underwriting staff.
- Strong, innovative technical skills in life underwriting
- 10 years of experience in underwriting leadership roles
- Experience in assessing/valuing underwriting tools using cost/benefit analyses
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational management, with the ability to coach senior-level staff in managing and developing high-performance teams
- Bachelor’s degree with additional educational/professional credentials (preferred)
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
Senior Vice President of OperationsOperationsP/CNortheast
Chief Information OfficerInformation TechnologyHealth PlansMidwest
Chief Claims OfficerClaimsP/CMidwest
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia