Head of Commercial Lines
Our client – a well-respected carrier of property and casualty, life, and surety products – is seeking an innovative leader to assume the role of Head of Commercial Lines. This high-impact and visible position will manage approximately $460 million in direct written premium and continuously seek new ways to grow the organization’s commercial lines business. The Head of Commercial Lines will lead a large, talented and highly driven team of professionals with a shared focus on corporate and divisional objectives.
This is a retained search.
- Establish commercial lines policy, processes and procedures.
- Oversee commercial lines book of business to meet growth and profitability goals, including underwriting, field marketing, risk strategy, pricing and monitoring of business.
- Maintain an awareness of external trends and conditions in related functions and the industry.
- Provide leadership and oversight for commercial lines product management and insurance operations.
- 10+ years of related commercial lines leadership experience, including full profit and loss accountability
- Experience across the entire breadth of commercial lines operations, including field marketing, product management, underwriting, pricing, management of the independent agency distribution channel and monitoring of business (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and listening in individual, group and virtual settings
- Proactive, self-motivated, forward-thinking leadership style with functional, business and financial acumen
- Master’s degree (preferred)
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial LinesUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Vice President of SuretyProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMidwest
Business Development and Market LeaderSales & MarketingP/CSouthwest
Financial Products Underwriting Manager of Fidelity and CrimeUnderwritingP/CCalifornia