Manager of GAAP Financial Reporting
We are partnered with a life insurance organization seeking a Manager of GAAP Financial Reporting for their location in the northern suburbs of Chicago. This highly visible and hands-on role is designed for a financial business leader who is an expert in GAAP financial reporting and accounting. This person will be responsible for establishing and implementing a financial reporting infrastructure to support the GAAP requirements of the company.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements on a GAAP basis.
- Analyze financial results on a GAAP basis, including working with areas such as risk/actuarial, investment accounting, operations, etc.
- Ensure completion of all financial filings due to the SEC and other regulatory bodies, including separate accounts.
- Assist in the development of monthly management information, including input to relevant product level analysis on gross and ceded bases.
- Own controls and overall risk assessments required under Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rule, as applicable.
- Monitor changes in GAAP accounting principles and make recommendations on approach for the company. Implement changes where required.
- Complete due diligence work on acquisitions and integrations. Develop PGAAP balance sheet and integrate acquired business into existing processes and controls.
- 4+ years of experience in life insurance accounting on a GAAP basis
- Stock company experience with GAAP expertise
- PGAAP experience (preferred)
- Standard benefits package with medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flex hours
+1 (312) 884-0485
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia
Vice President and Controller - Financial InnovatorAccounting/FinanceL/DNortheast
Head of Global Financial Planning and AnalysisAccounting/FinanceP/CNew York