Vice President of Underwriting Group Protection for National Accounts
Our client — a well-respected provider of risk management and a recognized leader in life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services and group protection — is currently in search of a discerning group underwriting vice president. This person will develop strategies and provide leadership, analysis and consultative insight into the company’s underwriting approach for national accounts in the group insurance marketplace. This executive must demonstrate the ability to render decisions swiftly based on expertise in both group underwriting and national accounts. This is a retained search.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for the group underwriting organization through highly specialized expertise and thought leadership on long-term business imperatives and challenges, with a primary focus on segment profitability and persistence.
- Drive and be accountable for both top- and bottom-line growth and profitability.
- Oversee and lead the development of an overall strategic business plan to set underwriting direction across all market segments, enabling the business unit to strategically and opportunistically expand.
- Oversee the development and execution of business plans with validated financial parameters and impacts.
- Significant (12+ years) experience in the group insurance industry, directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this role, including national accounts group insurance underwriting
- 5+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated talent attraction, development and retention
- Proven ability to manage growth and profitability, with accountability for both
- Deep experience creating and executing underwriting strategies
- Ability to establish a culture of operational excellence and unity
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial LinesUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Vice President of Customer CareCustomer ServiceL/DMidwest
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest
Vice President of Stop Loss UnderwritingUnderwritingHealth PlansMidwest
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast