Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial Lines
A super-regional property and casualty company ranking in the top 20 mutual companies in the United States is seeking a Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial Lines. This executive will lead the underwriting function with responsibility for the company’s underwriting profitability, underwriting strategy, product development and management, underwriting controls, and regulatory filings. This is a retained search.
- Deliver profitable growth and expansion of the commercial lines book of business. Develop and implement strategic direction, best practices and business plan objectives.
- Research, develop and design programs, products and coverage to support a competitive position. Gather information on competitor and producer trends and external market intelligence, including legal, economic, demographic, distribution and internal trend analysis; collaborate with other disciplines to gather input.
- Deploy predictive analytics strategies to drive the development and management of profitable underwriting and product solutions.
- Be responsible for the development of guidelines, policies and procedures that address identified business needs and support the achievement of business results. Determine system impacts as a result of process introductions or changes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with state regulators by attending regulatory meetings and insurance department visits and by participating in industry group meetings.
- 15+ years of underwriting experience through both field and home office positions with at least 7 years in leadership roles developing and executing underwriting strategies, operational experience and infrastructure development
- Proficiency in leading an underwriting, product development, and/or operations team tasked with developing and managing a profitable book of business on a regional or national scale
- In-depth understanding of and prior experience with integrating predictive analytics into underwriting appetite and rate determination
- Knowledge of segmentation strategies, post-merger product integration and results transformation
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in leadership strategy, execution, team building, mentoring and coaching
- Bachelor’s degree; continuing education, such as MBA or industry certification (preferred)
Vice President of Stop Loss UnderwritingUnderwritingHealth PlansMidwest
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
Underwriting Officer - PropertyUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Chief Underwriting OfficerUnderwritingP/CMid-Atlantic