Director of Communications
Our client, a leading medical liability insurance company, is seeking a Director of Communications. This role will lead the communications team; assist in the development of strategic communications, public relations and publications planning; and enhance the company’s public image through oversight of all social media and other mass communications platforms. This role is located in downtown Chicago.
- Support development and adaptation of messages and content to highlight organizational mission and policy goals.
- In coordination with CAO and other team members, manage the company’s media relations function. This includes hands-on fielding of calls from consumer, insurance-related and other media outlets; analysis of interview requests; development of interview points/messages; and briefing of the company’s physician leaders.
- Oversee the company’s publications (print and electronic).
- Write and edit newsletters, news releases, talking points, letters to editor, editorials and other public materials.
- Supervise and manage writing, editorial and design staff.
- Develop sources and topic ideas; write news and organizational stories for newsletters, brochures, marketing pieces and other publications.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree (preferred)
- 8+ years of experience at increasing levels of responsibility, including demonstrated supervisory experience
- Excellent writing, editing, managerial and interpersonal skills with capacity to translate highly technical insurance, medical and health-related topics into effective messages for print, broadcast and online publications
- Experience managing digital platforms and social media channels
- Knowledge of liability insurance or association experience (preferred)
Full benefits are offered.
+1 (312) 884-0432
Product Management Director – Personal Lines AutoProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CIllinois
Marketing SpecialistSales & MarketingP/CIllinois
Product Tax Corporate CounselLegal/ComplianceL/DMid-Atlantic
Manager of Finance and Risk ManagementRisk ManagementP/CMid-Atlantic