Our client, a market leader in the individual health and ancillary benefit space who is poised for considerable growth, is seeking an innovative Chief Actuary to join their team. As a pivotal member of the senior management team, the Chief Actuary will lead a team of actuarial professionals. This person will also be a business leader who works synergistically with other leaders in the business and functional teams. This is a retained search.
- Have direct accountability for all pricing, valuation and financial reporting (statutory) issues for new and existing products.
- Lead new product development, create pricing models and develop product management strategies in conjunction with distribution leadership and produce rate level indications.
- Drive process improvement by integrating best practices.
- Serve as a bridge and facilitator to ensure profitable growth, financial integrity and policyholder value.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to actuarial staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, actuarial sciences or related discipline
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) designations required to serve as Appointed Actuary
- 7+ years of broad life/health actuarial experience, including product development and new business pricing (either individual health and life, supplemental health, Medicare Supplement, and/or worksite supplemental products); strong valuation and financial reporting acumen
- Demonstrated track record of having an analytical and strategic mindset
- Experience in coaching/mentoring/supervising a small staff
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
MG-ALFA Modeling ActuaryActuarialL/DWork at Home
Head of Commercial LinesProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMichigan
Chief Financial Officer and TreasurerAccounting/FinanceP/CMidwest
Director of Customer SuccessProduct Management/DevelopmentL/DNew York