Professional Liability Claims Analyst
A highly rated and stable professional liability insurance carrier is seeking a skilled claims analyst. This person will analyze, evaluate and manage high-severity claims, then bring cases to timely and reasonable resolutions by maintaining compliance with claims philosophy and guidelines.
- Make contact with insureds, claimants, witnesses, experts and other concerned parties to gather facts.
- Ensure ongoing communication between insureds and defense counsel.
- Evaluate liability and damages on individual claims.
- Provide documentation to file and update computer database with claims information and activity.
- Organize and review medical records.
- Summarize and recommend timely defense or settle posture.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in claims handling, preferably with some experience in medical malpractice
- Thorough understanding of legal processes, rules of discovery and the various theories of recovery in the tort system, as well as an understanding of insurance coverage issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with professional, service-oriented demeanor
Benefits:Full benefits are offered.
+1 (312) 884-0414
Commercial Underwriting District ManagerUnderwritingP/CSouthwest
Interim Medical Malpractice UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Work at Home
Manager of Finance and Risk ManagementRisk ManagementP/CMid-Atlantic
Territory Marketing ManagerSales & MarketingP/CIllinois
Field Underwriting ManagerUnderwritingP/CMaryland
Work at Home