Director of Medicare Product Development
Work at Home
We are partnered with a large, financially stable health plan in the Northeast that is looking for a strategic thinker for the role of Director of Medicare Product Development. This leader will join a dynamic team to drive the company's long-term portfolio development strategy in the fastest growing segment within the healthcare vertical. The role will oversee the evaluation, development and management of the product portfolio, including establishing a multi-year, strategic approach to support the long-term objectives of the business area.
- Develop a multi-year roadmap to prioritize and manage the product pipeline.
- Oversee the product life cycle from concept and design to development, deployment, and performance monitoring.
- Lead ongoing market and competitive analyses to aid strategic decision-making and development of key messaging/positioning, particularly evaluation of the national landscape for unique benefit designs, offerings and programs/partnerships.
- Coordinate closely with facilitated health networks, stars, medical management and risk adjustment teams to evaluate long-term product solutions for quality transformation initiatives and network design.
- Lead product ideation and conceptualization efforts for new products, programs and/or product enhancements, working in close partnership with other business areas by leveraging in-depth knowledge and understanding of market trends, customer needs/expectations and internal capabilities.
- Develop supporting business cases and supporting financial models for new product ideas/concepts, supporting well-defined product performance metrics; work with appropriate internal stakeholders to vet and validate the comprehensive, portfolio-level financial view.
- Drive the market expansion strategy decision-making process, including but not limited to opportunity analysis, financial case development, competitive landscape assessment and network strategy proposal.
- Devise, evaluate and optimize a multi-year partner strategy to align with business needs, corporate goals and anticipated P&L performance impact.
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare with 5+ recent years in Medicare Advantage
- Bachelor's degree in business/finance or related field; MBA (preferred)
- Proven leadership and/or management capability
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationships, remove barriers, and navigate and work across business areas
- Effective prioritization and eye for detail enabling oversight of multiple competing products/projects
- Ability to serve as product expert and utilize all resources available to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated success with large product development and/or management initiatives, including stage-gating process in a matrixed environment
- Competitive compensation package
- Strong bonus structure
+1 (312) 884-0485
Vice President of Finance and AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CNortheast
President of Captive InsuranceRisk ManagementP/CCalifornia
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia
President and CEOExecutiveP/CConnecticut
Chief Information OfficerInformation TechnologyHealth PlansMidwest