Vice President of Surety
A Midwest mutual company is seeking a vice president to manage all aspects of the surety business, including underwriting and claims in multi-site locations. This will involve acquisition and development of staff, creation of a surety culture, agency acquisition and management, promulgation of underwriting and risk management policy and procedure, and loss control and claims oversight.
- Develop and implement surety systems, policies, and operating processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective surety operations.
- Develop, communicate and oversee strategic and operational plans.
- Function as the manager of employees of a major organizational business unit.
- Organize and manage resources to achieve business results.
- Train, coach and lead staff.
- Significant management and strategic leadership experience within the surety industry
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and listening in individual, group and virtual settings
- Proactive, self-motivated, forward-thinking leadership style with functional, business and financial acumen
- 15+ years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree (preferred)
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial LinesUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Vice President of Underwriting Group Protection for National AccountsUnderwritingL/DGeorgia
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
Vice President of Customer CareCustomer ServiceL/DMidwest
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest