Our client, a property and casualty insurer headquartered in Orlando, Florida, is seeking a Controller who will report directly to the Vice President of Finance. This individual will assist in providing leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of accounting, financial reporting (statutory, GAAP, IFRS, actuarial and reinsurance) and operational control processes. This role will have high visibility with senior executives and four direct reports. The successful professional must work in the office in Orlando.
- Provide leadership, oversight and direction to the comprehensive production of financial reporting deliverables and accompanying analysis.
- Take ownership of corporate accounting functions, potentially including insurance and non-insurance accounting; close management; statutory, GAAP, IFRS, management, variable product and broker dealer reporting; capital transactions; expenses; and general ledger.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of internal controls over financial processes and reporting.
- Interpret and analyze operating and financial results; provide insights to senior management.
- Provide thought leadership and collaboration in the coordination of company financial planning, business planning and budget management.
- Serve as the primary liaison to internal and external auditors.
- 4+ years of insurance experience, preferably within property and casualty and with a strong preference for workers' compensation
- Reinsurance background (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- STAT and GAAP experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Month-end and quarterly statements experience
Benefits:Full benefits are offered.
+1 (312) 884-0432
Chief Financial Officer and TreasurerAccounting/FinanceP/CMidwest
Vice President of Finance and AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CNortheast
Work at Home
Head of Global Financial Planning and AnalysisAccounting/FinanceP/CNew York