Assistant Director of Statutory Reporting
Work at Home
We are partnered with an A rated property and casualty carrier specializing in homeowners, condo, flood and umbrella liability coverage. They are looking to add an Assistant Director of Statutory Reporting to their team. Their headquarters is located in south Florida but this role has remote capabilities.
- Review insurance and reinsurance contracts to determine accounting of the related agreement.
- Identify and oversee continuous improvement that reduces workload and/or improves quality across the reporting team and the organization.
- Assist in the production of accurate and timely financial statements.
- Review and manage the month-end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation.
- Review and manage significant insurance accounts, direct written premium, reinsurance, losses and operational expenses; including assisting in the financial conversion from statutory to GAAP basis.
- Manage operational data and ensure data integrity, completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze complex financial reports and records.
- Manage and respond effectively to inquiries from regulators.
- Prepare and assist in completing statutory filings on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform variance analysis and prepare account reconciliations.
- Provide or discuss timely and reliable information in a concise way to meet the need of the targeted audience.
- Assist with financial tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of the audit process.
- Supervise and provide guidance to employees and prepare performance evaluation and improvement processes.
- 5+ years of statutory reporting experience within the property and casualty insurance industry
- 5+ years of GAAP reporting experience within the property and casualty insurance industry
- Yellow Book expert
- Experience with reinsurance
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other related field
- CPA (preferred)
- Full benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Supplemental benefits offered including life, AD&D, critical illness, accident, short-term disability and long-term disability
- 401K with company match
- PTO package
Director of Financial Planning and AnalysisAccounting/FinanceP/CIowa
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CSoutheast
Assistant Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CIllinois
Statutory and GAAP Tax ConsultantsAccounting/FinanceL/D