Assistant Vice President, Claims Actuarial
Our client, an A.M. Best “A” rated organization and one of the top commercial property and casualty insurance companies in the United States, is seeking an Assistant Vice President of Claims Actuarial. This carrier offers standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine, and other property and casualty coverages. The Assistant Vice President of Claims Actuarial is a non-traditional, newly created role that will be accountable for gathering objective claims data and subjective non-data inputs to derive actionable and meaningful insights for the use of claims executives. The successful candidate will actively participate in claims and actuarial strategy development while influencing change across the organization. This is a retained search.
- Partner with vital members of claims and actuarial to identify and understand the key drivers of financial and actuarial data to ensure alignment and influence change within the organization.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis of reserve trending across all lines of business; present observations, areas of concern and recommendations in a clear and compelling fashion to initiate a case for change.
- Demonstrate an attitude toward reserving as a perpetual/ongoing process, opposed to an event-driven mindset.
- Act as the intermediary between claims and reserving actuaries to enhance communication and increase collective efforts.
- Foster an environment of innovation empowering others to take calculated risks and continuously improve skills, efficiency and quality of work.
- 10 years of actuarial experience with an emphasis on reserving
- Commercial property and casualty experience with a carrier
- Strong understanding of claims case reserving practices, as well as general claims policies and procedures
- FCAS (Fellow, Casualty Actuarial Society) designation (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in math, actuarial science or related field required; master’s degree in related field (preferred)