Chief Executive Officer
A municipal mutual company in the Midwest that provides workers' compensation, liability and auto physical damage coverages to municipalities is seeking a Chief Executive Officer. This executive will have ultimate accountability for company results. This is a retained search.
- Act as the face of the organization to municipalities throughout the state and nationally with associations of peer companies.
- Oversee relationships by negotiating contracts and professional service fees of investment managers, actuaries, consultants, service providers and others; monitor performance to ensure compliance with terms of contracts.
- Work closely with the board of directors and staff to develop and pursue the company’s vision, mission and strategy; conduct quarterly board meetings and the annual policyholder conference.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, rating agencies and reinsurers.
- Review and approve price quotes for new membership and member renewals; approve issuance of price quotes to prospective members.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the commercial casualty insurance industry; broad knowledge of the insurance business
- Proven accountability for profitable results
- Experience with an association or membership organization, including interaction with the board (strongly preferred)
- Public entity experience (preferred)
- Underwriting background (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, MPA or industry certification (strongly preferred)
+1 (312) 884-0496