Chief Financial Officer
A mutual insurer is seeking a Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO will operate as a trusted financial advisor and strategic partner to the company’s leadership team and board of directors by effectively leading enterprise-wide processes for financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis. The role contributes to business segments by providing analyses and reports on business-specific and enterprise-wide financials to monitor performance and support strategy development and decision making. The CFO will work across the organization with functional leaders to support the development, implementation and monitoring of short-term and long-term financial strategies, ensuring the company’s growth, performance and continued success. This professional will steward a strong workplace culture, including a commitment to develop a team of technically sound finance and accounting employees. As a forward-thinking leader, the CFO will have an opportunity to transform the function by creating efficiencies through process, systems and technology. This is a retained search.
- Develop financial strategies for the organization based on risk analysis, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and modeling.
- Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, process efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Oversee activities related to inorganic growth strategies, including transaction due diligence.
- Monitor financial performance of the organization by establishing key indicators, measuring results, analyzing variances and recommending or initiating corrective action as needed.
- Report financial status to key stakeholders including management, finance and audit committee, board of directors, state insurance departments, national regulatory organizations and rating agencies.
- Provide oversight for the company’s investment portfolio and activities of the investment advisors.
- 10+ years of experience in finance, tax, accounting and reinsurance with supervision and management responsibilities, including experience at the senior management level in an insurance company
- Exposure to alternative risk financing business like RRGs, captives, assumed reinsurance or fronting (preferred)
- Experience with corporate development strategies, including M&A and strategic partnerships
- Ability to effectively work with a board of directors
- Bachelor’s degree; continuing education such as an MBA (preferred); CPA (preferred)
Type Executive Search
Reference ID 32799
Chief Financial OfficerCFOHealth PlansWisconsin
Chief Executive OfficerCEO/PresidentL/DWisconsin
Deputy Chief Accounting OfficerAccounting/FinanceL/DWashington
Work at Home
Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CMissouri