Claims Technical Director - Excess Liability
Our client, a property and casualty insurance carrier with a focus on specialty commercial products, is a Fortune 500 company that has been recognized as a top place to work. This Claims Technical Director in their excess liability division will focus on high-exposure losses in a nationwide book of business. Frequent interaction with senior management, corporate claims and others will be required. This individual can work from the Chicago, Dallas, Georgia or New Jersey office.
- Investigate, evaluate and resolve claims of the highest complexity and severity.
- Draft coverage position letters with minimal supervision.
- Manage complex litigation; attend mediations, arbitrations, depositions and trials as necessary.
- Set reserves within prescribed authority and submit written recommendations for reserves outside authority.
- Comply with applicable company procedures and policies, statutes, regulations, and other legal requirements governing claims handling.
- Respond to inquiries from underwriters and producers.
- Maintain necessary adjuster licenses, including completing required continuing education.
- 10+ years of experience handling high-exposure umbrella and excess liability claims
- Significant litigation management and negotiation experience
- Auto, excess/umbrella and catastrophic injury claims knowledge
- Significant experience working with Microsoft Office applications and electronic claim files
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including overnight travel as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and/or training
- Juris Doctor/legal experience (preferred)
- CPCU designation (preferred)
- Standard benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance
+1 (312) 884-0485
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest
President of Subrogation ServicesExecutiveP/CNortheast
Senior Vice President of Specialty ProgramsUnderwritingP/CNew Jersey
Director/AVP of Statutory AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CIllinois
Vice President of Claims ImplementationInformation TechnologyP/CNortheast