A specialty, surplus and excess lines (E&S) insurance carrier is seeking a Divisional President. The Divisional President will have underwriting, production, and profit and loss accountability for wholesale, retail and direct customer-driven business. The company has licenses in 48 states/jurisdictions and has set an objective to grow this portion of the company’s insurance business to $500 million in five years. The company is seeking a senior leader with a track record of successfully building profitable E&S business. The target risk profile is casualty-driven, including artisan contractor, energy and security accounts. The company is also looking to grow and expand into other program business. This role will be based at the corporate headquarters in Manchester, N.H. A market-based relocation package will be provided, if required. This is a retained search.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the division, aligning them with the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivering key products for artisan contractors, security, energy and other targeted sectors.
- Monitor industry trends, market conditions and competitive landscapes to make informed decisions and adapt strategies as needed, including adding additional market niches to the portfolio of business.
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the division, including revenue growth, cost management, new product development and profitability.
- Create and clearly communicate, internally and externally, the company’s risk appetite and overall E&S strategy.
- 15+ years of leadership experience within the commercial E&S business
- Understanding of automated systems and contract binding authority market (preferred)
- Successful track record of profitable underwriting results
- Existing relationships within the E&S wholesale market (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or industry certification (preferred)
Share this Job
Senior Product Manager and Principal UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Senior UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Workers' Compensation UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Underwriting AssistantUnderwritingP/CWork at Home
Individual Life UnderwriterUnderwritingHealth PlansWork at Home