Executive Vice President, General Counsel
A Fortune 500 insurer is seeking a trailblazing and proven Executive Vice President and General Counsel. The successful executive will be provide legal counsel and guidance for the business operations as they relate to both the insurance industry and any legislative and regulatory requirements. The position will also oversee litigation involving member companies, officers, directors and employees. Additionally, the selected individual will direct the organization's government affairs and lobbying efforts.
- Manage security and investigative services, including internal examinations of employee wrongdoing and external investigations of policyholder and agent fraud.
- Oversee government relations, including lobbying effort relations with all federal and state legislative, executive and administrative agencies.
- Act as a representative on trade and professional organizations; the American Bar Association; and various state, legal and insurance organizations.
- Oversee internal audit and corporate compliance functions.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in corporate law, including 10 years of progressive experience in insurance law
- 10 years of management experience in a top legal role supervising management- and professional-level employees
- Strong knowledge of insurance/regulatory law, corporate law and litigation
- Demonstrated initiative to streamline processes and drive continuous improvement
- Juris Doctor or Bachelor of Laws degree from an accredited law school
+1 (312) 884-0467
Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingHealth PlansMidwest
Senior Vice President of Sales and Carrier RelationsSales & MarketingP/CSoutheast
Deputy General CounselLegal/ComplianceL/DMidwest
Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CSoutheast