Head of Life Insurance
A growing multi-line mutual insurance carrier is seeking a strategic individual to lead their life division. This Head of Life is a successor position that serves as an integral member of the strategic leadership team and will work alongside the current Head of Life. They are responsible for leading and managing profit and loss for the life insurance business. Acting as a builder and champion, as well as the life insurance subject matter expert, are the cornerstones of this pivotal post.
This highly visible successor role will lead the growth strategy for the life business by building and executing the company’s vision both internally and externally. The focus will be on refining and enhancing the distribution strategy and guidelines to achieve growth and profitability goals. In addition, this leader is a trusted member of the senior management team and will have regular interaction with the board of directors.
This dynamic leader will lead the life operations team in a culture that is collaborative, accountable, and committed to providing quality service and results.
This is a retained search.
- Develop and execute an integrated production plan to profitably grow direct written premium by bringing new business to the company while also retaining existing business.
- Closely monitor and assess market performance and trends within the industry and the economy.
- Serve as a member of the senior management team developing enterprise-level strategies. Serve on management and staff committees. Periodically present information to the board of directors.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the life division, including overseeing reinsurance contracts; preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; developing and managing operational budgets; and ensuring excellent delivery of the company's life services.
- 10+ years of related experience in the life insurance industry; life insurance sales, marketing and operations background preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role with a track record of developing staff
- Demonstrated success in driving strategic growth and delivering profitable results; experience developing and enriching relationships with independent agents as a coach, trusted advisor and educator
- Experience balancing strategic leadership with day-to-day direction of sales, marketing and operations functions
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation, influencing and listening in individual, group and virtual settings
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree and/or industry certification preferred
Chief Underwriting Officer and Vice President of Property and CasualtyUnderwritingP/CIllinois
Vice President of Underwriting and Claims OperationsUnderwritingL/DNortheast
President and Chief Executive OfficerExecutiveP/CNortheast
Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CHawaii
President of Captive InsuranceRisk ManagementP/CCalifornia