Medical Malpractice Underwriter
Work at Home
Our client is a leading malpractice insurance carrier offering professional and facility liability solutions for healthcare professionals and clinics. They are seeking a Medical Malpractice Underwriter to add to the team. This role will be heavily focused on underwriting new and renewal business, with a strong focus on facilities. This role is fully remote (cannot be located in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut or Washington).
- Reviews new business submissions, determines acceptability/ insurability and prepares premium quotations and proposals.
- Reviews new business applications, determines insurability, develops appropriate premium and issues insurance binders to applicants, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Reviews renewal applications, evaluates losses and loss ratio, determines appropriate premium and issues renewal terms to policyholders, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Presents quotations/proposals to policyholders, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Maintains active liaison with assigned accounts.
- Researches emerging underwriting issues, reviews alternative solutions and develops underwriting position papers.
- Assures optimal customer service rendered with each policyholder contact.
- Represents and markets the company at conferences and external meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years in medical malpractice underwriting
- Indemnity exposure (preferred)
- CPCU (preferred)
- Full benefits offered.
+1 (312) 884-0432
Business Development UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CGeorgia
Senior Underwriter of Small to Medium GroupUnderwritingHealth PlansWork at Home
Senior Risk Control ConsultantRisk ManagementP/CNew York
Commercial Lines Underwriting LeaderUnderwritingP/COhio