President and Chief Executive Officer
A captive mutual reinsurer located in the Mid-Atlantic is seeking a President and Chief Executive Officer. This leader will be responsible for building and maintaining financial integrity, maximizing member value, and driving the overall direction of the company. This is a retained executive search.
- Develop a strategy to gain first choice provider status for reinsurance coverage with state municipal league pools while retaining a strong capital base and surplus position.
- Maintain positive relationships with key constituencies (in particular, a true partnership with the board of directors).
- Employ hands-on management and lead by example to maintain a professional environment of competence, quality and stability that engages and motivates all employees to bring value to the organization’s members.
- 10+ years of successful leadership within the property and casualty industry with either reinsurance, captive entities or pool entities
- Multifunctional background within property and casualty insurance, reinsurance, captives or risk retention groups
- Executive-level experience with board interaction
- Public entity experience (preferred)
- Pooling experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Continuing education (e.g., advanced degree, CPCU, ARe) (preferred)
+1 (312) 884-0412