Senior Disability Income Underwriter
Work at Home
Under supervision of the Manager of Underwriting, this professional underwrites individual disability products, communicates with agents regarding new individual disability applications and potential cases, and performs other functions.
- Determine risk classification according to medical, financial, occupational and avocation hazards.
- Determine product eligibility based on product guidelines.
- Order and review underwriting requirements, as needed.
- Determine standard/substandard risks and eligibility.
- Comply with IMSA and government regulations regarding replacements, anti-discrimination laws, confidentiality laws, HIV laws, and MIB requirements.
- Review substandard, declined or postponed applications with the Medical Director, Manager of Life Underwriting, and Director of Life Underwriting.
- Review files for other underwriters, providing advice on problem cases and co-signatures on ratings and declines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- Insurance classes working toward FLMI affiliation
+1 (312) 884-0421
Senior Risk ManagerRisk ManagementP/CNortheast
Director of Product and InnovationProduct Management/DevelopmentL/DMidwest
Corporate Tax LeaderAccounting/FinanceL/DMidwest
Vice President of Medical Risk ClaimsClaimsP/CMid-Atlantic