Senior Product Manager and Principal Underwriter
Work at Home
A technology-enabled insurance carrier, which launched in 2018 by well-respected insurance industry veterans who believe technology can be leveraged in the commercial lines market in an unprecedented way, is seeking a Senior Product Manager and Principal Underwriter. The Senior Product Manager and Principal Underwriter will be responsible for ensuring the organization’s products are superior, competitive and profitable in the U.S. small commercial business market. The successful executive will define, document, implement and execute a formal products strategy encompassing underwriting philosophy and practices, including oversight and implementation of the underwriting guidelines and procedures in the organization’s digital systems and operations. The ability to utilize competitive and market data, product offerings, and metrics is critical to product development, pricing, trend evaluation and rate changes per state. A collaborative approach is foremost, as this role is a high-profile ambassador for the organization with the independent agent community. This is a retained search.
- Gather and prioritize product requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out the company’s plan of U.S. state expansion by developing and implementing appropriate underwriting strategies for profitable growth based on existing underwriting guidelines for each state and product.
- Expand product portfolio beyond business owner's policy, including commercial auto, umbrella, cyber, and professional/management liability.
- Communicate identified agency production opportunities, training or quality issues.
- Facilitate communication and act as the liaison between claims, product, sales, operations and other departments.
- 5+ years of commercial underwriting and/or product management experience with a carrier or managing general agent
- Deep knowledge of the small insurance business sector and business owner’s policy products
- Proven accountability for profitable results
- Leadership experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree; continuing education, such as a MBA or industry certification (preferred)
Share this Job