Senior Vice President of Operations
A highly respected “A" rated property and casualty insurance company in the Northeast is seeking a Senior Vice President of Operations. This innovative leader will play a pivotal role in the company’s leadership, growth and service excellence. This highly visible and impactful role is designed for a senior-level leader who will offer leadership, vision and implementation expertise in directing, administering and coordinating the internal activities of the organization.
The Senior Vice President of Operations will operate nimbly and proactively in support of policies, goals and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and board of directors. This person will offer a contemporary and forward-looking perspective on emerging issues, trends and shifts in the industry with a focus on innovation, technology, analytics and the customer journey.
- Direct the preparation of short-term and long-range strategic plans based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Drive objectives and coordinate activities of various departments in collaboration with the COO – including HR, claims, underwriting, marketing, IT and reinsurance – to achieve the company’s goals and objectives.
- Establish operating policies consistent with the COO and CEO's policies and objectives, and ensure their execution.
- Spearhead innovative initiatives throughout the organization using best practices, data-driven decision-making and analytics.
- In-depth P&C insurance knowledge and financial acumen, including understanding of industry best practices, the complete sales/underwriting process, competitive market forces and results of actions
- 10+ years of related insurance experience and/or training
- 5+ years of successful senior leadership; successful management of innovation and technology projects such as modernization (preferred)
- Proven accountability for profitable results; prior profit and loss leadership (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MBA (preferred)
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent
Chief Operating Officer - Property and CasualtyOperationsP/CIllinois
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
Chief Underwriting OfficerUnderwritingP/CMid-Atlantic
Chief Claims OfficerClaimsP/CMidwest
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia