Senior Vice President of Underwriting
An “A+ rated” regional property and casualty carrier in the Northeast is seeking a dynamic and influential Senior Vice President of Underwriting. This executive will be instrumental in expanding the carrier’s footprint within the marketplace, as well as positioning the company as a carrier of choice. This senior leader will oversee all personal and commercial lines underwriting and will be responsible for the strategic and operational goals of the unit. In addition, this leader must thrive in a collaborative environment and possess the gravitas to efficiently complete tasks. This is a retained search.
- Lead and direct multi-line underwriting planning activities, including profitability, premium, expense budgets and agency business plans.
- Transform team culture to be inclusive, collaborative and accountable to ensure associates are empowered to make appropriate underwriting decisions and deliver a superior customer experience.
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, execute policies and procedures that enable the company to realize strategic and operational objectives.
- Achieve balance within book of business by expanding commercial footprint and ensuring profitable growth.
- 10+ years of underwriting leadership experience, preferably with a blend of personal and commercial lines
- Demonstrated success producing profitable results
- Proven experience creating strategies for the underwriting department, as well as the enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Continuing education such as MBA or industry certification (preferred)
Vice President of Finance and AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CNortheast
Vice President of Applied AnalyticsInformation TechnologyP/CColorado
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CSoutheast
Assistant Vice President of AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CMidwest