Vice President of Claims
A super-regional mutual insurance carrier focused on small business insurance, is seeking their next Vice President of Claims. This proven leader will directly impact the business by driving process improvement, operational efficiency, technology integration and analytics through the claims function. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President of Claims will contribute to the design and achievement of short-term and long-term strategic objectives consistent with the vision and mission of the company. This position reports directly to the CEO and will have a team of 57 with eight direct reports. This is a retained search.
- Create and implement a vision for the claims organization that focuses on building enduring relationships and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a philosophy under which all claims are handled promptly, fairly, accurately and ethically.
- Identify strategic opportunities and implement changes for process improvement through people, procedures and technologies that support the enterprise.
- Track, assess and evolve data analytics for improved claims processing, quality and service levels that positively impact the department and company.
- Remain current on claims trends, evaluating their influence and advising company leadership on their competitive and financial impact.
- Exercise knowledge of claims practices and techniques used in the property and casualty insurance industry, including the claims vendor and defense bar community.
- Develop and monitor the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Consider the cost effectiveness of all claims activities, including law firms, independent adjusters and other suppliers.
- 12+ years of commercial property and casualty insurance industry claims experience
- Commercial multi-line claims experience (e.g., property, general liability, commercial auto, and workers’ compensation)
- 7+ years of managing and leading claims professionals
- Litigation management experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD, MBA or master’s degree with an emphasis in risk management or business (preferred)
- Associate in Claims (AIC) and/or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation (preferred)
Type Executive Search
Reference ID 32919
Claims ExaminerClaimsP/CWork at Home
Property Claims SpecialistClaimsP/CWork at Home
Assistant Vice President of Construction LiabilityUnderwritingP/COhio
Director of Talent AcquisitionHuman ResourcesP/CCalifornia
Commercial Lines Underwriting LeaderUnderwritingP/CAlaska