Vice President of Claims
An innovative insurance provider with nationally offered products and services is seeking a Vice President of Claims. The chosen executive will be responsible for developing and leading the multi-line claims strategies and processes for the organization. The successful leader will build their team and ensure a shared vision that fully aligns with the company’s overall strategy. This executive will oversee the overall claims function including reserving practices; data analytics; and settlement authority for commercial property, auto and liability products. Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for managing loss adjustment expenses and driving claims performance. This is a retained search.
- Hold responsibility for the overall direction of claims management and practices of the company’s commercial property, auto and liability departments; ensure the claims strategy is aligned with the business initiatives.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and management of policies and procedures to enhance the processing, investigation and settlement of claims.
- Manage claims department staffing levels; analyze talent; and build, develop, retain and motivate the claims team.
- Oversee the company’s multi-line claims reserving practices.
- Monitor compliance with federal and state regulatory standards for programs, processes and reporting.
- 10+ years of overseeing and directing commercial claims
- 3+ years of claims leadership experience
- Excellent knowledge of commercial insurance policies including auto, property and umbrella liability
- Excellent knowledge of insurance coverages, investigative techniques and legal precedents
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree strongly (preferred)
Insurance designations such as CPCU, CRM, ARM or CIC (preferred)