Vice President of Finance, Health Plan Business
A nonprofit mutual company in the healthcare environment is seeking a Vice President of Finance, Health Plan Business. The chosen executive will operate as a trusted financial advisor and consultant to the executive team by effectively leading enterprise-wide processes for financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis. The executive will also support multiple business segments and provide analyses/reports on business-specific and enterprise-wide financials to monitor performance and support decision making. This is a retained search.
- Establish a team culture and trusted business relationships to position finance as an essential business partner to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Develop and enhance financial models to create insights and support decision making and outcome-based planning.
- Monitor and report health plan business financial metrics to key stakeholders and the Board of Directors.
- Provide consultative financial and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital planning activities, industry comparisons and other projects required by senior management.
- Lead process to develop annual divisional and health plan business budgets, financial plans, and analysis to provide a profit and loss perspective including emerging risks and opportunities. Suggest potential corrective action to Chief Financial Officer and executive committee of the operating committee.
- 10+ years of finance experience including leadership responsibilities in an insurance environment, related healthcare services, financial services or a similar highly regulated industry
- Proven ability to integrate the key economics of business into strategic decision making in building corporate budgets
- Life and health insurance experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field; MBA (preferred)
Vice President of Underwriting, CasualtyUnderwritingOtherWork at Home
Vice President of Group UnderwritingUnderwritingL/DWork at Home
Sales LeaderSalesHealth PlansUtah
Head of Information TechnologyInformation TechnologyP/CNorth Carolina
Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CUtah