Vice President of Group Underwriting
Work at Home
A financial services company, delivering retirement, employee benefits and life insurance products, is seeking a Vice President of Group Underwriting. The chosen leader will ensure profitable growth through setting and executing both sound underwriting standard methodologies and disciplined analysis of global pricing. This professional will operate in a highly matrixed structure, collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve profitable growth. The dynamic leader will mentor and coach team members to drive long-standing business relationships by effectively partnering with the stop loss sales team. This position is fully remote and will travel throughout the United States in order to achieve growth objectives. This is a retained search.
- Build a short- and long-range product strategy and business plan outlining key objectives, initiatives, relative priorities and financial forecast; monitor results relative to plan.
- Participate with product development in the ongoing assessment of the marketplace, incorporating insights produced through industry networking, customer contact, win/loss reporting, regulatory environment and competitive intelligence.
- Develop and carry out underwriting strategies and practices in support of business plan and financial forecast. Hold responsibility for the overall underwriting, pricing, risk analysis and block management for stop loss and related products.
- Act as a subject matter expert to support the sales process to renew existing accounts as well as develop new business.
- Lead the underwriting teams responsible for underwriting and securing profitable business. Pay attention to employee development and attainment of a high-performance culture.
- Partner with various business functions to ensure sound business decisions, excellent customer service and operational coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree or industry certification, CEBS, HIA and MHP (preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant stop loss underwriting experience with a proven track record of developing and carrying out underwriting strategies and managing long-term profitable growth
- 5+ years of leadership experience with responsibility for setting and executing sound underwriting methodologies and analysis of global pricing
- Proven experience with broker distribution channel
Vice President of Emerging Markets FinanceAccounting/FinanceHealth PlansMidwest
Business Development SpecialistUnderwritingP/CTexas
Vice President of Finance, Health Plan BusinessAccounting/FinanceHealth PlansMichigan
Northwest Regional Executive Vice PresidentRegional/Branch ManagerP/CMidwest
Senior Marketing UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CMichigan