Vice President of Underwriting
A Michigan-based nonprofit health plan is seeking a dynamic and tactical Vice President of Underwriting. This vice president will oversee all underwriting activities; supervise, train and develop staff in portfolio-building and underwriting skills; and lead the underwriting and approval process to maximize profits and minimize losses. This leader will also work cross-functionally throughout the organization to execute strategies ensuring the development of appropriate premium rates.
- Oversee all underwriting activities to ensure the development of appropriate premium rates.
- Contribute to short- and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the executive team.
- Provide strategic direction to premium rate discussions with employer groups and brokers; when necessary, direct interaction with key customers.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of business development strategies.
- Direct finance-related activities associated with the organization's Medicare Advantage programs in collaboration with the Vice President of Medicare and Individual Sales.
- 10+ years of experience in health insurance underwriting; knowledge of diverse health benefit funding programs, including fully insured and self-funding arrangements
- Familiarity with applicable standards, regulations, laws and other requirements for a health plan operating in multiple lines of business
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Understanding of the Affordable Care Act and requirements; knowledge of Medicare Advantage program, processes and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or a related field
- Graduate-level degree (preferred)
+1 (312) 884-0467
Senior Vice President of Sales and Carrier RelationsSales & MarketingP/CSoutheast
Executive Vice President, General CounselLegal/ComplianceP/CMidwest
Assistant Vice President of Commercial Lines UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CMichigan
Vice President of New Business DevelopmentSales & MarketingHealth PlansNortheast
Work at Home
Vice President of Commercial Lines and Workers’ CompensationProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMidwest, United States