We are partnered with a property and casualty insurance organization seeking a Senior Accountant for their Wilmington, Delaware, location. This role is responsible for preparing timely and accurate financial statements and footnotes, as well as accounting and reporting of investments for multiple companies. In addition, this individual is responsible for actual-to-budget variance explanations, account reconciliation and analysis, accounting research, and provision of information for internal and external audit requests.
- Prepare financial statements and related footnotes for multiple companies while ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards (GAAP, STAT, Bermuda STAT and Irish GAAP).
- Record and reconcile investment transactions to the general ledger.
- Review entries prepared by the outside investment recordkeepers, which includes preparing rollforwards and investigating any differences.
- Complete the quarterly and annual financial accounting and reporting requirements for the consolidated entity and its subsidiary companies, including the audited consolidated financial statements.
- Coordinate scheduling of external auditors and ensure deliverables are sent to them in a timely manner.
- Prepare statutory statements, including but not limited to Schedules D, E, BA and DB.
- Assist in GAAP to STAT adjustments.
- Act as backup to Tax Manager.
- Provide backup support for insurance operations (premium, loss and reinsurance).
- 5+ years of experience in insurance accounting on a GAAP basis
- Exposure to financial reporting and investment transactions
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Relevant certifications and/or advanced degree (preferred)
- 100 percent employer-paid insurance
- Generous PTO package
- Compressed work week
- 401(k) investment
+1 (312) 884-0485
Manager of GAAP Financial ReportingAccounting/FinanceL/DIllinois
Vice President and Controller - Financial InnovatorAccounting/FinanceL/DNortheast
Chief Financial Officer and TreasurerAccounting/FinanceP/CMidwest
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia