Underwriting Officer - Property
Work at Home
Our client, a property and casualty insurance carrier, is looking to add an Underwriting Officer - Property to their team. This individual will manage an underwriting team, underwriting selection, and solicitation of profitable excess and surplus property business. The successful candidate will excel at developing strong relationships with internal and external customers, have proficient underwriting skills, and be able to generate new business.
- Hold accountability for risk selection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability (per divisional objectives) decisions made by members of the underwriting team.
- Oversee analysis of coverage, limit requests and decisions regarding terms to offer.
- Assess risk quality and compliance within company guidelines; initiate appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Ensure reports are accessible and appropriately used for rating and underwriting processes.
- Hold accountability for the development of marketing plans for assigned territories, taking divisional objectives, overall market conditions, and the strengths and weaknesses of the agents and competitors into consideration.
- Oversee staff in prospecting and managing broker relationships and in achieving production and profitability objectives.
- Serve as a technical expert and ensure staff ability to interpret and explain products, facilities, practices, and services.
- Identify opportunities for and spearhead development of new business and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of related underwriting experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Ability to travel at least 15 percent of the time, including overnight travel
- Certification(s) in insurance-related areas, such as Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter, Associate in Underwriting, Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance or Associate of Risk Management
Standard benefits package with medical, dental and vision insurance
+1 (312) 884-0485
Financial Products Underwriting Manager of Fidelity and CrimeUnderwritingP/CCalifornia
Chief Underwriting OfficerUnderwritingP/CMid-Atlantic
Head of Commercial LinesProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMichigan
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial LinesUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Vice President of Underwriting Group Protection for National AccountsUnderwritingL/DGeorgia