Commercial Underwriting District Manager
A leading A+ rated property and casualty insurance organization is seeking a Commercial Underwriting District Manager to join their growing team. This manager will oversee underwriting and the servicing of commercial accounts across the assigned territory. This professional will also provide training and support to the underwriting staff.
- Manage and monitor the work of a team of six, including underwriters and analysts.
- Provide support in analyzing new and existing business with regard to acceptability, degree of risk, loss history and other underwriting information to produce an underwriting profit as defined by underwriting management.
- Oversee the training and development of underwriters and analysts; delegate responsibilities and distribute job assignments to staff.
- Work with other underwriting district managers to document and monitor procedures to achieve maximize efficiency and consistency in application of underwriting guidelines.
- Handle large and/or complex accounts as assigned.
- 5 years of commercial P&C insurance underwriting experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Supervisory experience (preferred)
- CPCU designations (preferred)
Full benefits are offered, including a company car.
+1 (312) 884-0414
Medical Malpractice/Professional Liability UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CIllinois
Field Underwriting ManagerUnderwritingP/CMaryland
Work at Home
Interim Medical Malpractice UnderwriterUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Work at Home
Financial Institutions UnderwriterUnderwritingL/DCalifornia