Vice President and Controller - Financial Innovator
A nationally recognized market leader in the individual life insurance industry is seeking a Vice President and Controller to join their team. This financially strong and innovative carrier is continuing to focus on diversifying their product offerings through fintech/insurtech partnerships, and the Controller will be an overarching business leader, financial strategist and idea implementer through these growth initiatives. This is a retained search.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and functional expertise to all aspects of the financial reporting and operational control processes.
- Lead the comprehensive production of all financial reporting initiatives and accompanying analysis, earnings memos and other communications related to business financial performance; this includes IFRS and U.S. GAAP financial statements, management reports for parent companies and board of directors, financial statements, and supplementary information for regulatory bodies and related parties.
- Help the organization build on their accomplishments and solidify their place as a digital innovator with tech-driven advancements.
- 8-12+ years of financial and management accounting experience (with 3+ years in public accounting, preferably Big Four firms)
- 5 years in a managerial/supervisory capacity
- Experience working in an internal control environment over financial reporting and accounting processes; knowledge of insurance regulations for accounting and financial reporting
- Deep knowledge of GAAP and other financial reporting bases in the insurance industry; exposure to IFRS (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance; Certified Public Accountant designation
- Continuing education, such as MBA or industry certification (preferred)
Vice President of Finance and AccountingAccounting/FinanceP/CNortheast
Manager of GAAP Financial ReportingAccounting/FinanceL/DIllinois
Chief Financial Officer and TreasurerAccounting/FinanceP/CMidwest