Head of Information Technology
A multi-line property and casualty company with roots dating to the early 20th century is seeking a Head of Information Technology. A financially strong carrier, our client provides primarily auto, homeowners and farm insurance and prides itself on strong and transparent relationships with its agents. The successful executive will be a member of the senior management team and will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This trusted and hands-on business partner will be responsible for the overall planning, organization and execution of all IT functions. This is a retained search.
- Lead all IT efforts to support and maintain existing applications, develop new technology solutions, and meet customer requirements.
- Effectively and strategically balance moving the business forward and innovating while also leading the day-to-day efforts of the IT division.
- Direct and prioritize the workload of IT resources, and ensure staff are appropriately deployed.
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications; create, maintain and enforce standards/procedures of newly implemented technical solutions.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or troubleshooting.
- 15+ years of experience within IT with a focus on implementing new applications, preferably with additional experience in infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role with a track record of developing staff
- Proven accountability and success in managing software modernization efforts, including robust development of RFPs, vendor selection and contract/vendor management (preferred)
- Experience with data warehouse and analytics (preferred)
- Track record of balancing strategic leadership with the day-to-day direction of an IT division
- Excellent communication skills – including verbal, written, presentation, influencing and listening – in individual, group and virtual settings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Continuing education or industry certification (preferred)
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia
Senior Vice President of OperationsOperationsP/CNortheast
Chief Information OfficerInformation TechnologyHealth PlansMidwest
Chief Claims OfficerClaimsP/CMidwest
Marketing SpecialistSales & MarketingP/CIllinois