A regional carrier in the Northeast specializing in writing exclusively medical professional liability is seeking a Pricing Actuary. This executive will actively participate in all aspects of product pricing indications, including trending, loss development, expense considerations and structures. They will lead the actuarial function, oversee the planning of the rate review process, and maintain control of pricing projects to support the company's competitiveness and rate equity.
- Support development of the pricing and reserving strategy, standards and practices.
- Direct, coordinate and support activity between external actuarial vendors and functional leadership (e.g., pricing standards and planning assumptions).
- Become an expert on matters relating to pricing and planning for all products, and advise organizational leaders.
- Regularly interact with business leaders and other business partners on both actuarial and non-actuarial topics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Casualty actuary credentials (ACAS required; FCAS preferred)
- 10+ years of actuarial or analytics background with specific expertise in professional liability
- Medical professional liability pricing experience
- Knowledgeable actuarial viewpoint in a wide variety of subjects and in company, industry and regulatory practices, including data, methodologies, systems and platforms
Product Development ActuaryActuarialP/CWork at Home
Senior Vice President of UnderwritingUnderwritingP/CNortheast
Valuation ActuaryActuarialL/DWork at Home
Chief Financial OfficerAccounting/FinanceP/CGeorgia
Personal Lines Product Management LeaderProduct Management/DevelopmentP/CMichigan