Senior Litigation Attorney - General Liability
Our client is a leading insurance company in the Santa Ana, California, area. They are seeking a Senior Litigation Attorney focusing on general liability. While this role is not a heavy trial role, this person will see one to four cases go to trial annually, so first chair experience is required.
Our client offers a generous compensation package, and their environment emphasizes work-life balance with a true 40-hour work week. This role is located in their Santa Ana office, but they are flexible when it comes to working from home occasionally.
- Handle highly complex or specialized insurance defense matters from pleadings through trial, driving for superior results.
- Manage litigation preparation, including development of litigation strategy and preparation/direction of the preparation of all necessary materials (e.g., briefs, motions, discovery, depositions, experts).
- Advise whether cases should be tried or settled.
- Actively drive cases to resolution with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Handle high-complexity or high-exposure bench and jury trials as first chair in both state and federal court as necessary.
- Try all aspects of cases, including court appearances, trial preparation, motions, discovery and negotiations.
- Provide trial coaching, oversight and assistance to other attorneys as needed.
- Communicate regularly and concisely with clients, claim professionals, leadership and others to ensure appropriate level of understanding and existence of documentation for effective case management.
- Conduct legal research and analysis of facts and information to provide counsel and guidance on legal questions or issues.
- Prepare opinions or position papers on various legal issues; provide interpretation of legal issues/provisions.
- Counsel clients, management and claim professionals to avoid legally unsound decisions or plans; provide guidance when changes in the law occur.
- Supervise, train, or mentor other attorneys and paralegals as necessary. Train department staff on appropriate procedures (e.g., claims, etc).
- Sole file handling responsibility for cases that resolved for at least $250,000
- First chair for at least 5 general liability trials
- Juris Doctor
- Full benefits
+1 (312) 884-0432
Senior Vice President of ClaimsClaimsP/CWest
Senior Underwriter - Medical LiabilityUnderwritingP/CWashington
Work at Home
President of Subrogation ServicesExecutiveP/CNortheast
Marketing SpecialistSales & MarketingP/CIllinois
Chief Underwriting OfficerUnderwritingP/CMid-Atlantic