Vice President of Information Technology
A non-standard personal passenger auto insurance carrier based in the Southeast is seeking a Vice President of Information Technology. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of the necessary technology to produce and support the company’s strategic direct-to-consumer focus. The same technology solutions will also be used to service the business written through the independent agency distribution channel. This leader will utilize their knowledge and ability to learn the disciplines of innovation, digitalization, technical infrastructure and data analytics to create a superior customer experience. The successful executive will lead a highly driven team of professionals with a shared focus on corporate and division objectives.
- Lead and direct strategic projects, including web and mobile applications, to support the company’s direct-to-consumer strategy.
- Lead and direct data analytics projects, as determined by management.
- Take the lead in the development of a technology roadmap in support of where the business will be in the next three to five years.
- Drive innovation and growth, as well as research and development initiatives.
- Formulate the strategy for continuous improvement of IT systems, products and processes.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments.
- Support the development of cost/benefit analysis for technology spending and initiatives.
- Ensure teams are working against strategic timelines and priorities by following up on priorities and action items in a timely manner.
- Interact with and influence all areas of the organization, including product management, claims, underwriting, executives and marketing, to implement solutions in service of business objectives.
- Lead and develop staff as assigned.
- 10+ years of IT experience in financial services, with five years of direct-to-consumer focus
- 5+ years of successful leadership experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of technologies and methodologies including innovation/digitalization, DevOps, cloud computing, portal/mobile app and data analytics
- Undergraduate degree in management information systems, computer science, computer engineering or related fields; master’s degree (preferred); professional designations (preferred)
Vice President, Business DevelopmentSalesP/CSoutheast
Director, Risk ManagementRisk ManagementP/CConnecticut
President and Chief Executive OfficerCEO/PresidentL/DMidwest
Commercial Lines Account ManagerOperationsP/CArizona