Senior Vice President of Underwriting
A consistently “A” rated insurance carrier in the Northeast that offers a full suite of personal and commercial insurance is seeking a Senior Vice President of Underwriting. This dynamic individual will join a collection of exceptional senior executives and be accountable for leading the underwriting function to meet strategic and operational goals. This is a retained search.
- Drive excellence in risk selection and pricing to ensure consistent underwriting profitability and above-market growth continues.
- Develop the vision for underwriting, including use of advanced analytics and technology (working closely with other teams such as actuarial and IT), and gain support from the broader leadership, as well as the underwriting team.
- Lead your team through execution of key initiatives, e.g., refining appetite and guidelines, identifying new market opportunities, and developing and deploying analytics tools.
- Determine the most effective organizational structure, including effective cross-functional collaboration with adjacent teams (e.g., actuarial, analytics and product management).
- 15+ years of successful underwriting experience, preferably with a blend of personal and small commercial lines
- 10+ years of experience leading teams, including directing the efforts of people managers while coaching/mentoring staff
- Demonstrated success producing profitable results and managing top- and bottom-line P&L
- Proven experience creating strategies for the underwriting department as well as the enterprise; background should include involvement/leadership in transformation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required; continuing education (MBA or industry certification) strongly preferred
Senior Vice President of OperationsOperationsP/CNortheast
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer of Commercial LinesUnderwritingP/CMidwest
Vice President of Underwriting Group Protection for National AccountsUnderwritingL/DGeorgia
Vice President of Stop Loss UnderwritingUnderwritingHealth PlansMidwest